- Requests data from a specified resource
- GET is used to retrieve data from server or api.
- GET requests can be cached
- GET requests remain in the browser history
- GET requests can be bookmarked
- GET requests should never be used when dealing with sensitive data
- GET requests have length restrictions
- Submits data to be processed to a specified resource
- POST is used to submit data to server.
- POST requests are never cached
- POST requests do not remain in the browser history
- POST requests cannot be bookmarked
- POST requests have no restrictions on data length