- It has limited oops support and not having built in support for xml.
- Very less development and debugging tool available. Meaning that difficult to debug the code.
- ASP you can only do scripting using visual basic scripting and java scripting.
- Error handling is very poor.
- It has no high level programming structure. Mixed of html and server side scripting.
- You must be entering first line as -
- It has no in built validation control. Meaning that validating page is difficult for developers.
- In the classic ASP if you need to update code on the existing page then it is mandatory to restart the server to get reflect.
- ASP.NET is full featured object oriented programming.
- It has full support of xml. Which helps easy data exchange.
- Various tools and compiler available. Microsoft Visual studio makes your debugging job easier.
- ASP.NET we can use either C# or VB.NET as server side programming language.
- ASP.NET gives you three tire architecture. It allow you to keep your business logic, views everything separate. Meaning that easy to enhance applications.
- Error handling is very good.
- You are required to make language directive with page as below.
<%@Page Language="VB" CodePage="960"%>
<%@QutputCache Duration="60" VaryByParam="none" %>
- It has state management support.
- In built validation controls. It has rich validation set - custom validator, range validator, regular expression, compare and require field validation control which makes your job easier.